Deadlines are beautiful things because they force you to finish--and terrifying things due to how far from perfection your project might seem.
Reality check: Blair Witch is imperfect but it still grossed $250 million.
My inbox overflows daily with new festival entry dates and I'd be a terrible person to not pass them on:
- Thin Line Film Fest, a celebration of the best and brightest talents in documentary filmmaking. For 11 days, Thin Line screens a diverse slate of thought-provoking, eye-opening documentaries culled from hundreds of submissions. Deadline date 31 October.
- The 19th Annual San Luis Obispo International Film Festival (SLOIFF) offers up an unforgettable experience through a mix of great films, world-class wine, and limitless fun. Located halfway between Los Angeles and San Francisco amidst California's gorgeous wine country, SLOIFF is a well-regarded circuit stop known for warmly welcoming industry vets and up-and-coming filmmakers alike. Deadline date 01 November.
- The Jeridoo Universal Film Festival (JUFF) offers an Internet-based celebration of cinema beamed directly to the homes of film-lovers around the world. Film fans and distributors from every corner of the globe will discover fourteen days' worth of immersive storytelling, all securely delivered through state-of-the-art technology and accessible only by way of a purchased "all-access" festival pass. Deadline date 01 November.
- The 8th Annual High Desert Shorts International Film, Art, Wine & Music Festival(HDSIFF) celebrates the majesty and artistry of short-form storytelling, just an hour outside of the electric allure of Las Vegas, Nevada. Hosted at The Pahrump Nugget Casino, HDSIFF offers wall-to-wall entertainment, including a collection of memorable and exciting short films that are sure to satisfy any curious fan of cinema. Deadline 01 November.
- The 9th Annual West Chester International Short Film Festival (WCFF) showcases independent short films from around the world to the delight of its spirited regional audience. In addition to great films, the community-focused festival presents interactive educational programs for young visitors, and a not-to-be missed Closing Night Awards party. Deadline 03 November.